the crankshaft in the reverse of the numerical sequence
(1) Install the vibration damper and pulley
(2) Install the radiator on the carrier engine
Figure 232. Carrier engine vibration damper and pulley assembly, exploded view.
Section XLII. CARRIER ENGINE TIMING GEARS
h. Remove the carrier engine timing gears as
The carrier engine timing gears consist of the crankshaft
and camshaft gears which are helically cut to provide
456. Carrier Engine Timing Gears Cleaning and
greatest meshing surface. The crankshaft gear drives
the camshaft gear at one-half engine speed.
a. Clean all parts with an approved cleaning
455. Carrier Engine Timing Gears Removal
solvent and dry thoroughly.
a. Remove the carrier engine assembly (para.
b. Inspect all parts for excessive wear or damage.
Replace all defective parts. Always replace gears in
457. Carrier Engine Timing Gears Installation
a. Install the carrier engine timing gears as
b. Install the vibration damper and pulley (para.
f. Remove the cylinder head and valves (para.
g. Remove the vibration damper and pulley (para.