2. Assemble jam nut (3) drawing up
10. Using suitable driver put 4th gear
bushing (64) on shaft.
3. Stake nut into position.
(d) Case and bell housing assembly (D,
Bushing (54) should drive on with
lockpin (65) toward top of shaft.
1. Assemble bell housing retaining
11. Place 4th gear (56) on shaft with
studs (12) into clutch housing.
toothed hub of gear up.
2. Install drive gear (5) and drive
12. Place 4th gear retainer washer
gear bearing assembly into case
(57) on shaft.
Note. If gear has been replaced, select
3. Install drive gear bearing cap (1)
proper retainer washer (one of three)
over drive gear and secure with
to get proper end play ON0 to .013
4. Place bell housing in position on
18. Place 4th gear retainer ring (58)
and nuts. Tighten securely.
14. Place 4th and 5th shift hub (69)
(e) Shift bar housing reassembly (B, fig.
1. Install rocker arm pivot pin (16).
One side of shift hub is under cut for
Install pin through from inside
4th gear retainer ring, place this side
Install flat washer,
lockwasher (9) and nut (8).
15. Press pilot bearing (60) on shaft.
2. Place shift bar housing (7) on
16. Install 1st and reverse sliding
bench in an upside down position
gear (43) on shaft with fork slot
with welch plug holes facing
away from threaded end.
17. Press front half of roller bearing
3. Place 1st and reverse rocker arm
(14) over pivot pin with long end
to the right.
Press on inner race.
4. Using suitable tool, compress
(b) Countershaft assembly.
spring (17) with ball (18) in
1. Install rear woodruff key (70) into
position in reverse fork (19)
slot in countershaft.
2. Press countershaft 3d gear (69)
5. Place reverse fork in position,
with poppet hole pointed toward
3. Install next woodruff key and
left side of cover.
press countershaft 4th gear (68)
6. Push bar (10) through opening in
far end of cover and through fork.
7. Tap on end of bar until setscrew
The longer hub on gear should be up.
hole in cover and hole in shaft is
4. Place countershaft drive gear
spacer (67) on shaft.
8. Place setscrew (15) in place and
5. Install remaining woodruff key
and press countershaft drive gear
9. Slide 2d-3d shift rail (40) through
(66) on shaft.
opening on right.
10. Place spacer (42) on rail.
The long hub on the gear should be
11. Place 2d-3d shift lug (44) on rail,
with set screw opening and shift
6. Install countershaft drive gear
slot toward center of cover.
retainer (65) on end of shaft.
12. Place 2d-3d shift fork (1) and
(c) Main drive gear and bearing
spacer (2) on rail, with set screw
opening toward repairman.
1. Assemble bearing (4) on main
13. Place poppet spring (46) and ball
drive gear (6) with snap ring
(45) in poppet hole in cover.
toward pilot end of gear.