and held in place by retainer ring (6)
2. Slip bearing spacer (39) on end
Place shift finger (11) with boot (13)
3. Put capscrews (32) into rear
in place in the universal lever (14).
bearing cap (35).
Hold shift finger and universal lever
4. Drive mainshaft rear bearing
assembly in place. Slide rocker
outer cone (33) on mainshaft
shaft (6) through bracket and shift
(44) into bearing cap (35).
5. Drive in new oil seal (31).
Install clevis pins (2) in pivot
Spring loaded lip of seal toward
While holding inside shift finger in
place slide the shaft into place.
(r) Place the drop gear (30) on the
mainshaft (44), then washer (29),
Install woodruff keys (9) in rocker
nut and cotter.
shaft, slide shift finger over
woodruff key and secure the shift
fingers with lock screws (4) and
Place safety wires (12) on boot (13).
(47) and tighten.
Assemble draw rod yoke (16) on
(u) With transmission and control
place over yoke swivel bracket (17)
cover, shifted into neutral, install
and install clevis pins (2).
gasket and cover on transmission.
Assemble yoke assemble over
universal lever (14) and secure with
Two short bolts go in back two
retainer ring (18).
corner holes of cover.
lockwasher. Tighten securely.
(1) Install the carrier engine clutch
(w) Install drain plugs.
(2) Install the carrier transmission
Caution: Must be brass.
assembly as illustrated on figure
(5) Reassembly of remote control assembly
(3) Connect the propeller shaft (para.
(a) Clamp control top (7) upside down
(4) Fill the transmission case assembly
(b) If pivot anchor bracket was
removed it should be reinstalled first
Section XLVII. CARRIER TRANSFER CASE ASSEMBLY
475. Carrier Transfer Case Assembly Removal and
The carrier transfer case assembly is located to the
rear of the transmission and provides a high and low
speed range for the rear and front axle. It provides a
(1) Drain the transfer case assembly.
means of disengaging the front axle entirely. Two levers
located to the right of the operator's seat control the
assembly from the transfer case.
transfer case. The speedometer drive and the emergency
(3) Disconnect the handbrake cable from the
hand brake are integral parts of the transfer case.