(4) Install the primary drive chain case
(2) Install the brake band assemblies
(5) Install the crane cab assembly (para.
(3) Install the gear and chain guards
Section LXXV. CRANE COUNTERSHAFT ASSEMBLY
595. Countershaft Assembly Cleaning,
Inspection, and Repair
The countershaft assembly is located below the
hoist drum shaft assembly and is secured by two
Cleaning. Clean all parts with an approved
bearings which are bolted to the same part of the
cleaning solvent and dry thoroughly.
revolving frame as the hoist drum shaft.
Inspection and Repair. Inspect all parts for
countershaft is the means for transmitting power from
excessive wear or damage. Replace or repair all
the crane engine to other shaft assemblies.
594. Crane Countershaft Assembly Removal
596. Crane Countershaft Assembly
Reassembly and Installation
Reassembly. Reassemble the countershaft
Remove the crane cab assembly
assembly in the reverse of the numerical sequence as
Remove the primary drive chain
case cover and drive chain (para.
(1) Install the primary drive chain case
Remove the countershaft assembly
(2) Install main drive chain and chain
(3) Install crane cab assembly (para.
countershaft in numerical sequence as illustrated on
Figure 279. Crane countershaft assembly, removal and installation