Figure 280. Crane countershaft assembly.
Section LXXVI. CRANE INDEPENDENT BOOM HOIST SHAFT ASSEMBLY
Remove the shifting levers from the
shifter collar, at the boom hoist clutch
The independent boom hoist shaft assembly consists of
the boom hoist clutch, clutch drum, brakedrum, boom
Remove the boom hoist shaft
hoist drive chain sprocket, and the boom hoist gear.
The shaft mounts to the revolving frame with two
independent boom hoist shaft assembly in numerical
598. Crane Independent Boom Hoist Shaft
Assembly Removal and Disassembly
599. Crane Independent Boom Hoist Shaft
Assembly Cleaning, lnspection, and
(1) Remove the crane cab assembly
(2) Remove the primary drive chain case
Cleaning. Clean all parts with an approved
cleaning solvent and dry thoroughly.
(3) Remove the boom hoist drive chain
Inspection and Repair. Inspect all parts for
excessive wear or damage. Replace or
repair all defective parts.