(2) Inspect for cracks, breaks, and other
(3) Replace a damaged or defective: water
(1) Install the water pump as instructed on
(3) Refill cooling system.
Figure 41. Water pump assembly, removal and
Section XI. ENGINE ELECTRICAL SYSTEM, CONTROL AND INSTRUMENTS
The basic 24-volt engine electrical system is
composed of two batteries, alternator, alternator regulator,
starter, and wiring to all components of the system. Refer
Remove alternator, assembly as
b. Cleaning, Inspection and Repair.
(1) Clean the exterior with a cloth dampened in
an approved cleaning solvent and dry
(2) Inspect for cracks, breaks or other damage.
Figure 42. Engine alternator, removal and
ground and to regulator battery terminal
(3) If voltage is not built up to the required
(2) Start engine and slowly build up rpm to
Using DC 74 scale
is 27.5 volts.