Figure 44. Aneroid control and overspeed governor, adjustment, renewal and installation.
(2) Inspect for cracks, breaks, and other
(1) Install the starter solenoid switch as
(3) Replace a damaged or defective
h. Governor Installation. Install the overspeed
88. Starter Assembly
87. Starter Solenoid Switch
a. Test. Test the solenoid and starter assembly
(2) Remove the starter as instructed on figure
b. Cleaning and Inspection.
(1) Clean the starter assembly with a cloth
(2) Remove the starter solenoid switch
dampened with an approved cleaning
c. Cleaning and Inspection.
(2) Rotate the drive pinion to see that the
(1) Clean the starter solenoid switch with a
armature turns freely and does not bind.
cloth dampened with an approved
(3) Remove the cover band and inspect the
brushes. If the brushes are worn to less
(2) Inspect the solenoid for proper operation,
than 1/2 inch of the original length,
and other damage. Replace a defective
(3) Inspect the wiring for frayed, broken, or
Replace wiring as