Figure 64. Main hoist and secondary hoist clutch, adjustment, removal and installation.
(3) Inspect all other parts for breaks,
secure the two bands together. Rotate
excessive wear, and other damage.
the drumshaft until the band section with
the lug toward the outside is uppermost ill
d. Installation. Install clutch band assemblies in
the drum. Remove this section of band
reverse order of the procedure described for removal.
(2) Rotate the drumshaft until the other band
is uppermost, then remove this band.
c. Cleaning and Inspection.
(1) Clean all parts in an approved cleaning
(1) Two magnetic clutch units a r e mounted
solvent and dry thoroughly.
on the jackshaft and straddle the
(2) Inspect linings for excessive wear, glazing
intermediate swing shaft. These clutches
and other damage. Replace a clutch
are similar and maintenance is identical
band having a defective lining.
for both. Field coils are imbedded in the
outer (or "driving") member which is
inner (or "driven") member is keyed