Figure 71. Hydraulic cylinder, removal and
a. Removal. Remove hydraulic cylinders as shown
b. Cleaning and Inspection.
(1) Clean all parts in an approved cleaning
solvent and dry thoroughly.
(2) Inspect for cracks, breaks, leaks and other
(3) Replace a damaged or defective hydraulic
c. Installation. Install hydraulic cylinder as shown
Brake or Clutch Operating Mechanism
(1) To adjust for lining wear of a brake or
Figure 70. Hydraulic cylinder removed from
clutch, loosen lock nut and tighten
assembly to bleed air.
adjusting bolt. Do not tighten adjusting
bolt more than necessary for good
(3) Replace a damaged or defective
operation of the brake or clutch.
adjustment is too tight, the operating
c. Installation. Install the compensator as shown
levers work hard and linings wear too fast.
(2) Tighten lock nut after adjustment is
complete. A few drops of light oil