Figure 86. Gantry spreader assembly and gantry sheaves.
Section XXII. CRANE ELECTRICAL CONTROL SYSTEM
(1) Install alternator assembly as
The crane electrical control system consists of a
controller, control cabinet, alternator and the magnetic
(2) Adjust V-belt drive tension (para
These components function
together to permit the operator to swing the machine to
left or right.
(1) Disconnect leads at the alternator
Reading should be approximately 23 to 25
Remove the alternator as
(2) If reading is not up to required
Cleaning and Inspection.
condition and proper contact. If trouble
(1) Clean the exterior with a cloth
dampened with an approved cleaning solvent
and dry thoroughly.
brushes in same manner as engine alternator brushes
(2) Inspect for cracks, breaks and
(3) Replace a defective or damaged