e. Utility Blade Operation. To operate the utility blade,
perform the following:
Ensure that air hoses are connected to the correct
(1) Pull the utility blade control lever (14, fig. 2-14)
connection, which is "Emergency" on. carrier to
back and raise the blade enough to release the blade
"Emergency" on prime mover and "Service" on
lock (5). Remove utility blade brace as shown in figure
carrier to "Service" on primer mover.
2-10 and store in toolbox.
(8) Place the tractor protection brake control valve
(19, fig. 2-14) to the "Emergency" position, raise air
When using the utility blade, always engage the four
pressure in carrier to 120 psi, and release brakes as
directed in a above.
(2) Turn the utility blade lock control (5, fig 2-14) 1/4
(1) Install the utility blade brace as illustrated in figure
turn clockwise, and push down on the control handle.
(2) Attach chains or wire rope slings to the towing
(3) The utility blade can be lowered by pushing the
utility blade control lever (14) forward. The blade is
(3) If the carrier has a live engine, release the brakes
raised by pulling the lever back.
as directed in a above.
(4) If the carrier has a dead engine, slave air to the
f: Positioning Outrigger Floats or Installing Stabilizer
carrier and release the brakes as directed in c above.
(5) If the carrier has a dead engine and no hydraulic
The crane carrier is equipped with four hydraulically
accumulator pressure, place a man in the carrier cab to
controlled outriggers and two front axle stabilizing
hold the dozer control lever in the down position. This
wedges. Each of the four outriggers may be raised or
permits the hydraulic oil to by-pass and allows the dozer
lowered separately by operating their respective control
blade to float thus. relieving strain on the dozer cylinder
(6, 7, 8, 9, fig. 2-14).
(1) Outrigger floats are removed or installed in the
(6) Retrieving the carrier from the rear should be
accomplished by attaching a chain or wire rope sling to
(2) Position the outrigger float on the ram and secure
the pintle hook.
with lock pin, or install the stabilizer wedges as illustrated
Do not attempt to retrieve the carrier without the