(2) Use light finger pressure at the rocker lever
(5) Tighten locknut.
contact surface to hold crosshead in contact with valve
(6) Measure clearance between crosshead and
stem nearest push rod.
valve spring retainer.
(3) Turn adjusting screw down until it contacts its
mating valve stem.
There must be a minimum of 0.020 inch clearance.
(4) Advance adjusting screw one-third of one
e. Adjust Valves as Follows:
hex (200) to straighten stem in its guide and to
(1) Loosen intake valve adjusting screw locknut,
compensate for slack in threads. With worn crossheads
and guides, it may be necessary to advance screw as
obtain clearance of 0.017 inch (cold), or 0.015 inch (hot).
much as 30.
Figure 4-30. Valve adjustment.