b. Cleaning and inspection.
(1) Clean all parts and dry thoroughly.
4-39. Governor Adjustments
(2) Inspect for cracks, breaks, or other damage.
Perform the maximum and idle speed adjustment as
Replace defective parts.
c. Installation and Adjustment.
(1) Install the throttle controls as illustrated in
Normal rpm of the crane engine at full
load governed speed is 1,900 rpm and
(2) Adjust cable control. Speed adjustments are
750 rpm at low idle.
Figure 4-34. Crane engine governor adjustment.
Section XII. MAINTENANCE OF CARRIER ENGINE LUBRICATION SYSTEM
4-41. Oil Filters
a. Removal and Disassembly.
The carrier engine lubrication system maintains the
proper oil pressure required at the various operating
(1) Remove engine oil filters as illustrated in
units, filters the oil, maintains the oil at a proper
temperature, and provides facilities for draining,
(2) Disassemble carrier engine oil filters as
replenishing, and measuring lubricating oil in crankcase.