Section XX. DRIVE CHAINS AND GEAR GUARDS
(2) Inspect for cracks, breaks, and obvious
dam- age. Replace damaged parts.
The primary drive chain is enclosed in the drive chain
case. The input sprocket and countershaft sprocket are
(1) Install primary chain case cover as'
connected by the multistrand silent-type chain.
The secondary drive chains are the open roller type.
Tighten in rotation around the case
4-106. Primary Drive Chain Case Cover
progressively and evenly the (46)
(1) Drain oil from chain case.
(2) Fill the chain case with oil. Refer to
(2) Remove chain case cover as illustrated in
current lubrication order.
4-107. Primary Drive Chain
If chain case cover is to be removed
from cab, the front cab panel must be
(1) Remove the primary drive chain case
b. Cleaning and Inspection.
(2) Remove the primary drive chain as
(1) Clean primary drive chain case cover and
breather fill cap and dry thoroughly.