4-139. Air Compressor Governor
(1) Relieve pressure from the system.
(2) Remove air compressor governor
evaporator for, removal and installation.
b. Cleaning aid Inspection.
(1) Clean and dry thoroughly.
Cleaning and Inspection.
(2) Inspect for cracks or other defects. Replace
(1) Clean the alcohol evaporator with an
approved cleaning solvent.
c. Installation. Install governor as illustrated in
(2) Inspect strainer in the bottom of the body
near the mounting flange to be sure it is clean and free of
d. Adjustment. Adjust air compressor governor as
(3) Inspect all connections and openings in body
to be sure they are free of obstructions.
4-140. Alcohol Evaporator
(4) Inspect for cracks or other damage.
a. General The alcohol evaporator permits
(5) Replace a damaged or defective alcohol
vaporized alcohol to be drawn into the air brake system
and thus guards against any possible interruption of
d. Installation. Install the alcohol evaporator as
braking service when a vehicle is operated in below
freezing temperatures. The evaporator consists of a
e. Service. Fill reservoir two-thirds full of pure
support casting and a reservoir for methyl alcohol.
methyl 188 proof alcohol. Alcohol should be free of any
b. Removal. Remove alcohol evaporator as illustrated
4-141. (Not Applicable)
4-142. Air Chamber
(1) Relieve air pressure from system.
(2) Remove air chamber as illustrated in figure
Figure 4-127. Not used.