3-33. Cleaning, Inspection and Repair
b. Installation (model 2380).
a. Remove sediment and scale from core by
(1) Install radiator as illustrated in figure 3-
pressure flushing and, if necessary, boil with an
approved cleaning solvent.
(2) Install radiator hoses (TM 5-3810-232-
b. Inspect tanks for cracks, breaks or damaged
seams. Repair or replace a defective tank.
(3) Install dock plates and cover assembly
c. Inspect for cracked, or broken fins in the
core. Repair fins by soldering or replace a defective core.
(4) Refill cooling system.
d. Inspect general condition of hardware and
c. Installation (model 2385). Install radiator as
replace tank gaskets with new ones.
illustrated in figure 3-17 and perform steps 2, 3 and 4 of
sub-paragraph b above.
3-34. Reassembly and Installation
a. Reassembly. Reassemble the radiator in
Section XI. CARRIER ENGINE WATER PUMP ASSEMBLY
3-35. Removal and Disassembly
(1) Drain the cooling system.
(3) Loosen drive belt adjustment at the
generator to full release position and slip the drive belt
from its pulley. (TM 5-3810-232-12).
(4) Remove water pump as instructed on
Figure 3-19. Carrier engine water pump, removal and