452. Cleaning, Inspection and Repair
(2) Install and tighten the middle buttress-to-
a. Clean all parts with an approved cleaning solvent
flywheel housing capscrews (2 and 4, fig 4-15A) and two
and dry thoroughly.
b. Inspect oil pan for cracks, breaks, and other
(3) Remove the buttress capscrews installed in
damage. Repair or replace a defective oil pan.
step (2) above. (Removal is necessary to provide socket
c. Inspect capscrews and drain plug for damaged
clearance to corner pan-to-block capscrews).
threads. Replace or repair defective parts.
(4) Tighten the two rear corner pan-to-block
4-53. Reassembly and Installation
capscrews, then tighten the remainder of all oil pan
reassemble the oil pan assembly.
(5) Refill with engine oil. Refer to lubrication
(1) Position the oil pan over the studs and hand