(6) Remove clutch disc hub retainer ring
locks (7, 51, 94, 109) and inner lock nuts (8, 50, 93,
Remove disc springs (3), spring pins (4), and inner and
(13) Remove cap screws and mechanical
outer clutch disc (5), (6). Remove clutch piston (9) and
disconnect (133). Remove idler gear snap ring (73) and
piston outer sealing ring (10). Remove clutch drum snap
idler gear (72).
ring (12) and washer (13). Remove piston ring (16) ball
(14) Using a suitable pusher tool, remove the
(17) and clutch drum assembly (18).
reverse shaft (46) pushing from the lock nut side.
Remove gears (11) and spacers (47) from inside case.
(15) Using a suitable pusher tool, remove the
input shaft (26) pushing from the lock nut side. Remove
If clutch drum hub gear, support
gears (24) and spacers (25) from inside case. Press
output shaft (137) from case (90). Output shaft may be
are to be replaced use (7) and (8); if
removed from either side.
(16) Using a suitable pusher tool, remove the
disregard and continue on with (9).
2d and 4th shaft (120) pushing from the lock nut side.
(7) Remove clutch drum snap ring (22) (1st
Remove gears and spacers from inside case. Using a
and 2d clutch only), and remove clutch drum hub gear
suitable pusher tool, remove the 1st and 3d shaft (86)
(21) (1st and 2d clutch only).
pushing from the lock nut side. Remove gears and
(8) Remove drum support roller bearing
spacers from inside case. Remove idler shaft (69) by
snap ring (20), and remove drum support ball bearing
pushing shaft out until double cone bearing and outer
snap ring (14). Press or drive roller and ball bearing
bearing race are exposed on opposite side. Using a
from clutch drum. Press piston ring outer race (16) from
suitable puller remove bearing cones and cups (62, 63,
64, 65), from idler shaft (69) and front bearing (70) from
Do not lose lock ball (17).
(9) Remove output shaft bearing screws
(158, fig. 5-6), and remove output shaft bearing cap
(155). Remove idler gear snap ring (58) and remove
cover plate (37). Remove cover plate. Remove speed
idler gear (59).
selector valve assembly snap ring (6). Tap lightly on
(10) Remove clutch support capscrews (4,
opposite end of speed selector valve (9, 18, 21). Valve
54, 97, 106) and remove clutch supports (5, 53, 96, 107).
and valve oil seal (7) will come out together.
(11) Remove idler shaft bearing cap bolts
(101) and remove idler shaft bearing cap (60) and shims
Do not lose detent springs (34).
(12) Straighten tangs on bearing nut locks (7,
51, 94, 109). Lock transmission gears with a soft bar
and remove the outer lock nuts (6, 52, 95, 108), nut