Figure 5-44A. Accumulator Charging Assembly.
(8) Turn in "T" handle
(clockwise). Gauge reads accumulator pressure. If
a. Removal. Remove the accumulator (TM 5-
gauge reads less than 800 psi, continue with charging
b. Pre-Operation Service.
(9) Turn handle on air valve out (counter-
(1) With engine of carrier shut off, move one
of the outrigger cylinders down, then back up, until the
(10) Crack open drain cock at gauge.
outrigger ceases to move.
(11) VERY SLOWLY crack valve on nitrogen
(2) Select proper adapter for nitrogen bottle
(3) Remove protective device (any guards
charge pressure (read on gauge), close valve on
and dust caps) from charging valve on accumulator.
(4) Close drain cock at gauge. (See diagram
(13) If accumulator is overcharged, turn in
for proper part names).
handle on air valve (clockwise). Bleed off excess
(5) Turn "T" handle on air valve to extreme
pressure by opening drain cock slightly.
counter-clockwise position (pin all way out).
(14) Disconnect charging assembly and
(6) Attach air valve to accumulator and
replace dust caps and guards.
(7) Attach hose swivel adapter to tank valve.
Section X. CARRIER CAB AND COMPONENTS
The carrier cab is a one-man, sheet metal and glass
(2) Tag and disconnect all hydraulic lines at
enclosed structure. All carrier operating controls and
connections that will allow removal of cab assembly
instruments are mounted in the cab.
5-36. Carrier Cab
(3) Tag and disconnect all electrical leads to
allow removal of cab assembly.