c. Cleaning, Inspection, and Repair.
(1) Clean all parts with an approved cleaning
(1) Install the master cylinder assembly as
solvent and dry thoroughly. Cleanliness is of extreme
importance when repairing hydraulic components.
(2) Fill and bleed hydraulic system (TM 5-
(2) Inspect the housing cylinder bore for
rusting or pitting. If rusting and pitting cannot be
corrected by light honing, discard the cylinder and
6-5. Crane Clutch Hydraulic Cylinder Assembly
replace the assembly. Inspect the primary cup (7, fig. 6-
4) for scratches.
or broken, replace with
(1) Drain the crane clutch hydraulic cylinder
new repair kit.
d. Reassembly. Reassemble the master cylinder
(2) Remove the crane hydraulic cylinder
assembly in the reverse of the numerical sequence as
Figure 6-5. Crane clutch hydraulic cylinder, removal and installation.