c. Cleaning, Inspection and Repair.
d. Reassembly. Reassemble the countershaft in
(1) Clean all parts with an approved cleaning
the reverse of the numerical sequence as illustrated on
solvent and dry thoroughly.
e. Installation. Install the countershaft as illustrated
(2) Inspect all parts for excessive wear or
damage. Replace or repair all defective parts.
Section VII. CRANE INDEPENDENT BOOM HOIST SHAFT ASSEMBLY
The independent boom hoist shaft assembly consists of
the boom hoist clutch, clutch drum, brakedrum, boom
hoist drive chain sprocket, and the boom hoist gear. The
shaft mounts to the revolving frame with two bearing unit.
(1) Remove the main drive chain and chain
guard (TM 5-3810-232-12).
(2) Remove the boom hoist drive chain guard
and drive chain (TM 5-3810-232-12).
(3) Remove the shifting levers from the shifter
collar, at the boom hoist clutch (TM 53810-232-12).
(4) Remove the boom hoist assembly as
Figure 6-14. Crane independent boom hoist shaft
assembly removal and installation.