the hammer and lower the hammer to the ground. Remove
the cable from the hammer.
(3) Remove the bolts securing the catwalk to the
leads and the boom, and lower the catwalk to the ground.
(4) Lower the leads to the ground and slowly drive the
carrier forward. At the same time, lower the boom to the wood
(5) Remove the piledriver lead adapters and leads as
to the leads.
(6) Remove the boom hoist cable and boom (para 2-
a. General. The truck crane may be converted to
backhoe operation by installing the backhoe front-end
attachment. The following components are necessary for the
equipment conversion; backhoe boom, dipper handle, backhoe
bucket, pitch brace, drag padlock sheave, hoist padlock
sheave, gantry mast, boom foot pins, boom hoist cable, pull
cable, and mast suspension cable.
Note. To install the backhoe boom, a cribbing will be
necessary to support the boom in a horizontal position. The
cribbing must be high enough to bring the boom into position
with the boom foot lugs on the revolving frame, as shown in
(1) With the base of the backhoe boom assembly
cribbed up to the height of the boom foot lugs on the revolving
frame, swing the revolving frame to face the rear of the carrier.
Carefully back the carrier up to the cribbed up boom, so that
the bores in the boom foot lugs on the revolving frame are
aligned with the bores in backhoe boom foot. Install the boom
to the revolving frame with the boom foot pins and lock plates.
(2) Skid the gantry mast along on top of the boom into
place on the revolving frame. Make certain that the small
cable guide sheave at the top of the gantry mast points toward
the crane, and install the gantry mast foot pins.
(3) Raise the gantry frame by hand, and lean it
against the crane cab.
(1) Unroll and stretch the gantry suspension cable out
on the ground on the right side of the boom.
(2) Reeve the backhoe auxiliary gantry cable as
Figure 2-19. Assembling piledriver lead sections.