Figure 2-26. Shovel drum laggings.
2) Secure one end of the cable to the dipper
the left boom point sheave, down the top side of the
boom, and over the left cable drum.
the top of the center groove in the shipper shaft roller,
(3) Insert the end of the cable through the
and over and around the boom foot drum. Wrap the
cable dead-end socket, loop it and insert the end of the
excess length around the drum, and secure the end to
cable back into the socket, taking care that the end does
not protrude all the way through. Insert the cable wedge
e Reeving Shovel Dipper Hoist Cable.
into the socket and pull the cable tight around it.
(4) Reeve the remaining free end of the cable
(1) Unroll and stretch the dipper hoist cable out
around the padlock sheave on the shovel,
on the ground on the right side of the boom.
(2) Reeve one end of the cable up and over