Figure 2-29. Cribbing the shovel boom assembly.
(2) To unreeve the boom hoist cable, hoist the
(2) Remove the crowd chain by removing the
dipper up and crowd it out beyond the boom point
cotter pin, pin, and connecting link. Lubricate, label, and
store the chain.
Unspool the cable from the drum. Remove the cable
(3) Disconnect the electrical line to the dip-per
wedge from the cable drum socket and free the cable.
Pull the cable free of the drum and the boom point
sheaves, and lay it out straight on the ground. Lubricate
retaining plates at the boom foot pins, and re-move the
boom foot pins and boom foot drum from the revolving
into a coil and secure it with wire. Label the cable for
future use. j. Removing Shovel.
(5) Drive the carrier clear of the shovel boom
(6) Remove the front drum sprocket lag-ging.
of the boom. Unreeve the hoist cable as de-scribed
Coat the sprocket lagging and the boom foot drum
sprocket with oil to prevent rust.