Section II. MOVEMENT TO A NEW WORK SITE
or drag bucket, and take up the main and sec-
2-11. Dismantling for Movement
ondary hoist lines onto the rear and front drums.
a. General. The truck crane can be transported readily,
as it is mounted on its own carrier. Be-fore moving the
equipment, obtain information on road conditions and
possible restrictions along the route due to clearances.
(5) Use wedges or a hydraulic jack to re-lieve
Secure the crane cab by disengaging all clutches, setting
the weight of the boom on the boom foot pins, and
all brakes, and installing the anti-rotation bars that brace
(6) Move the carrier away from the cribbed-up
boom. Refer to figure 2-8 and disassemble the boom
c. Transportation with Crane, Clamshell, or
(1) Lower the boom to the boom cradle at the
front of the carrier.
(2) Take up the slack in the boom hoist line so
that the boom is supported by the boom hoist line just
above the boom cradle. Set the boom hoist drum pawls
(3) Make certain that the swing lock is set.
(4) Secure the hook block to the underside of
the boom and take up the slack in the hoist line.
(5) Be sure outriggers are retracted and pinned
Transportation with Shovel or Backhoe.
(1) Swing the crane, with the dipper ex-tended,
Figure 2-35. Anti-rotation device installed.
until the boom is in line with the boom cradle. Engage
the swing lock, and install the anti-rotation device rods
(2) Lower the boom until it is approximately six
Caution: Do not transport the truck crane with the
inches above the boom cradle. Keep the boom hoist
piledriver front-end attachment installed.
(3) Use a length of cable to snub the dipper
stick to the carrier towing hooks. Draw this cable as tight
Transportation without Crane Boom.
as possible. Take slack out of all cables supporting the
Note. For moves over straight, open road, the
(1) Lower the boom over the rear of the
shovel or backhoe may be moved with the dipper stick
carrier to the horizontal position, and build up cribbing
and boom over the rear of the carrier. Faced this way,
the boom can be quite low and the unit can be moved
(2) Disconnect the boom hoist line dead end
from the gantry frame, and take up the line onto the
Reinstallation after Movement Refer to
boom hoist drum.
movement to a new work site.
(3) Remove the hook block, clamshell bucket,