Figure 2-24. Dipper trip cable reeving.
(1) Place lead sections on a flat surface in
horizontal position resting on blocks or cribbing. Bolt
corresponding (one top and four lower) sections together,
using hardware listed in d, below.
(2) Lower boom to horizontal position in line
with upper end of lead assembly and bolt securely to
outside of adapter plates on boom point.
(3) Using boom hoist, raise boom and lead
(4) Using hoist line, place hammer below
leads and lower boom to enter hammer leads into
b. Catwalk Assembly.
(1) Assemble two outer sections in
horizontal position with inner or telescoping member
listed in d, below.
(2) Hoist as a unit; bolt one end to boom
foot bracket and other end to lead assembly bracket.
(3) Adjust so lead assembly hangs vertical
2 Adjusting screw
Note. Lead assembly length can be adjusted by
4 Slotted screw
changing boom angle and adding or deleting lower lead
7 Toggle link
8 Cotter pin
10 Toggle link
Figure 2-25. Dipper trip clutch adjustment.