Chart 4-1. Troubleshooting
10. Batteries will not hold charge. a. Short in electrical system.
a. Check cables and wiring.
b. Defective battery.
a. Bulb burned out.
11. Floodlights and/or dash light
b. Defective circuit breaker.
Replace circuit breaker.
will not light.
c. Loose connection.
d. Electrical system disconnect
Turn switch to ON position.
switch is in OFF position.
12. Cables wear excessively.
Cables of wrong specification.
Check for correct specifications.
Replace tooth (para 4-60d).
13. Clamshell bucket fails to close. Tooth in bucket twisted.
Section IV. RADIO INTERFERENCE SUPPRESSION
Replacement of suppression
General Methods Used to Attain Proper
components requires positive metal-to-metal contact
with washers and ground straps.
Essentially, suppression is attained by providing a
Replace defective suppression
methods used include shielding the ignition and high-
straps, and using capacitors and resistors.
Testing of Radio Interference Suppression
Interference Suppression Components
Test capacitors for leaks and shorts on a capacitor
a. Primary Suppression Components. The primary
tester; replace defective capacitors. If test equipment is
suppression components are those whose primary
function is to suppress radio interference.
cause of interference by trial and error method of
b. Secondary Suppression Components. The
replacing each capacitor in turn until the cause of
secondary suppression components have radio
interference is located and
or secondary to their primary function.
Replacement of Suppression Components
Section V. MAINTENANCE OF ENGINE CYLINDER HEAD AND VALUE MECHANISM
edge of cover.
4-12. Valve Cover and Gasket
(2) Inspect cover for cracks, dents, distorted
sealing area, and other damage.
(1) Remove capscrews, washers and preformed
(1) Assemble gasket, preformed packing,
(2) Lift cover and gasket from head; discard
washers and capscrews, to valve cover.
(2) Mount cover on engine cylinder head.
b. Cleaning and Inspection.
Tighten holddown capscrews
(1) Remove all gasket material from sealing