Section XIV. MAINTENANCE OF CRANE BOOM ASSEMBLY, DRAGLINE, AND CLAMSHELL FRONT END
Reeving (boom in horizontal position fig. 4-
The crane, clamshell, and dragline front end
(1) Install one end of cable in socket which
attachments use a similar boom arrangement which
is attached to the A-frame sheave yoke.
consists of the base section and an up) section which
(2) Reeve the cable from the anchor around
may be lengthened by insertion boom sections (para 4-
the lower left pendant bridle sheave from left to right,
then around the lower yoke sheave from left to right, then
around the lower right pendant bridle sheave from left to
unit is used to stabilize the bucket. All of these
right, around the right hand A-frame sheave from bottom
attachment use the boom backstop, boom angle
to top, around the upper right hand pendant bridle
indicator, a boom harness spreader. All use drum cable
sheave from right to left, through the upper yoke sheave
lagging and cables, although size and lengths differ
from right to left, around the upper left hand pendant
according to operation being performed or lens of boom
bridle from right to left, over the left hand A-frame
in use (tables 4-2 and 4-3).
sheave from top to bottom and then to the boom hoist
Crane Boom Suspension Cable
(3) Anchor the cable in the boom hoist
drum socket and install wedge to take up the slack in the
(1) Engage engine clutch and throttle
engine to slowest speed.
(2) Release locking pawl and brake by
Crane Hoist Cable
powering boom hoist drum down.
(3) Place boom at rest on ground or
(1) Unspool cable from the hoist drum,
drive out wedge, and remove the cable from drum.
(4) Unspool, remaining cable from drum
(2) Remove cable from the boom point
and hook block sheave.
(5) Drive wedge out of drum and remove
(3) Inspect, lubricate, and coil the cable.
b. Reeving (Boom in Horizontal Position).
(6) Remove cable from A-frame, pendant
bridle, and yoke sheaves.
(7) Remove cable socket from anchor on
yoke on the A-frame.
(8) Inspect, lubricate, and coil the cable.