Figure 4-46. Dragline fairlead, disassembly and reassembly.
(3) Remove weighted hook from cable.
(4) Remove jib cable from jib boom and
reassemble clamshell bucket.
(5) Remove two cotter pins, capscrews,
(1) Position boom over bucket. Reeve the
lockwashers, jib boom pins, and jib boom, from the crane
boom. Remove the two rod ends from jib boom pins.
dead end sockets on bucket.
b. Disassembly. Refer to figures 4-49 and 4-
(2) Attach tagline to bucket.
50 and disassemble jib boom and mast.
c. Cleaning, Inspection and Repair.
Jib Boom and Most
(1) Clean parts with an approved cleaning
solvent and dry thoroughly.
(1) Lower the boom and build up cribbing
(2) Inspect parts for defective condition.
(3) Repair or replace defective parts.
(2) Remove the jib lower support cables
(fig. 2-7) from cable supports. Allow jib boom strut
back on the jib boom.