Reassembly. Refer to figures 4-49 and 4-
and reassemble jib boom and mast.
Installation. Install jib boom (para 2-3c).
Section XV. MAINTENANCE OF CLUTCH AND BRAKE ASSEMBLIES
(1) The main clutch band and booster
4-62. Operating Clutch Band, Removal and
band are installed in reverse of the removal procedure.
(2) When installing a replacement booster
a. Refer to figure 4-51 to remove and install
band, place band halves in place and connect band
the clutch band.
splice at joint, leaving bolt (10, fig. 4-51) one-half thread
Lock adjusting nuts (4) at location where
circumference of band matches circumference of
booster drum. Then, with the cushion spring (6) and
4-63. Boom Hoist Clutch Band, Removal and
booster band release spring in place, tighten the cushion
spring nut (11) for 0.010-inch gap between the cam and
a. Booster Band Removal.
booster band cam roller (3).
(1) Remove booster band joint bolt (10, 4-
(2) Remove booster band clutch adjusting
4-64. Boom Hoist Brakeband, Removal and
(3) Remove cushion spring nut (11),
cushion spring (6).
(1) Remove guard.
(4) Remove both sections of the booster
(2) Remove brakeband joint bolt (10, fig.
b. Clutch Band Removal.
(3) Remove dead-end pin (7).
(1) Remove booster band (a, above).
(4) Remove brakeband adjusting nuts (5).
(2) Remove clutch release spring (13, 4-
(5) Remove both sections of the
51) and take off band guides (8).
(3) Take out the four cotter pins (14)
b. Installation. The brakeband is installed in
holding the main clutch bellcrank (9) in place.
reverse of the removal procedure.
(4) Slide main clutch band (12) out of
housing and separate at splice, if necessary.