Cleaning, Inspection and Repair.
Saddle Block and Shipper Shaft
(1) Clean and inspect parts for wear and
a. General. The saddle block and shipper
damage. Replace worn or damaged parts.
shaft consist primarily of a shaft, bushings, saddle block,
(2) Check wearing plates for proper
and wear bars.
clearance. Adjust if necessary.
(1) Remove dipper and handle (para 4-
reassemble saddle block.
Adjustment of Saddle Block Wearing
(2) Attach lifting sling to saddle block and
Plates. Refer to paragraph 2-8a(13).
sheave. Attach sling to lifting device.
Installation procedure is
(3) Remove shipper shaft bushing and lift
reverse of removal, b, above.
saddle block and sheave from shovel boom.
disassemble saddle block.
Figure 4-58. Saddle block, disassembly and reassembly.