(2) Press first oil seal into drive cover with
lip toward outside of pump, and press second oil seal
into drive cover with sealing lip toward inside of fuel
pump. Seals must be spaced so the "telltale" hole is not
(3) Lubricate ST-419 Oil Seal Assembly
main shaft assembly into front cover and through seals.
(4) Install key and press coupling into
position on drive shaft. Press slow and straight.
(5) Install retainer flatwasher, lockwasher
and capscrew to shaft and tighten in place. Hold
coupling or main shaft in a copper-jawed vise while
(6) Heat front cover in boiling water for 1
Figure 3-46. Gear removal from weight carrier.
Figure 3-48. Drive bearing being pressed on shaft.
Figure 3-47. Tachometer drive gear and governor drive
gear being pressed.
e. Assembly of Drive Shaft.
(1) If bearing or shaft is replaced new,
lubricate shaft with Lubriplate or equivalent and press
bearing over shaft, pressing against inner race of
bearing, figure 348.
(2) Press governor drive gear to drive shaft
bearing over shaft.
(3) Press tachometer drive gear on shaft
Note. Check gear to make sure it matches with
tachometer gear to give proper rotation.
Figure 3-49. Tachometer gear being pressed on drive
(4) Check to see if parts are firmly seated.
(5) Insert snap ring between ball bearing
and governor drive gear.
f. Assembly of Driver Cover.
(1) Clean all parts thoroughly with mineral
spirits or equivalent.