Figure 3-72. Tachometer gear begin pressed.
Figure 3-71. Spring dowel installation in bottom of fuel
(1) Install lower screen; one with holes in
(2) Install screen retainer and new O-ring
(3) Install upper screen; hole down.
(4) Install spring.
(5) Lubricate new O-ring packing and place
(6) Install cap and torque to 25/30 ft. lbs.
3-12. Tachometar Drive
Figure 3-73. Tachometer gear.
b. Disasse7n !9.
figure 3-74 being careful not
to damage injector cup tips.
(1) Remove oil seal from tachometer drive
(3) Number each injector according to the
cylinder from which it was removed; I)lace in drain rack.
gear and bushing if the gear is badly worn or shaft at
(1) Lift out injector plunger and spring.
bushing are galling or scoring check shaft O.D. it should
Remove spring from plunger and then place plunger in
be 0.3100/0.3105 in. and bushing I.D. should be
0.312/0.313 in. Replace if necessary.
Note Injector bodies and plungers are class fit, do
Place bronze bushing on
tachometer shaft with chamfered end of bushing toward
(2) Place injector in ST-569 Holding Fixture
gear end. Press gear onto shaft until flush with end of
so the fixture spring tension is against injector plunger.
Use spacers listed in table 2-2 to get required spring
Note. Cheek gear to make sure it matches with
Note. Do not remove adjustable office plug from
(3) Remove injector cup with injector cup
3-13. Fuel Injectors
The PT injector is a simple
Caution: Do not place injector body in vise to
mechanical unit which receives fuel from the fuel pump
remove injector cup.
under pressure. It then meters, injects and atomizes it
through five injector cup spray holes into the combustion
(1) Clean injector parts thoroughly of any
carbon or varnish by soaking in an approved solvent.
(2) Neutralize solvent after cleaning by
(1) Remove injector holddown capscrews.
dipping parts in mineral spirits.
(2) Pry injectors loose and remove from
(3) Dry with clean compressed air.
Caution: Do not use drills or other instruments
to clean cup holes that will alter size of