(g) Install retainer lock.
(6) Assemble clutch and sliding sleeve
assembly into housing.
Install clutch and sliding sleeve
assembly onto shaft.
(b) Install lockwasher 127) and hub nut (28.
Install pilot hearing (29).
3-16. Fuel Tank
a. General. The 50-gallon capacity fuel tank is located
al the rear en(d of the turntable bed directly below the
b. Removal. Refer to TM 5-3810()-289-12.
(1) Flush tank out thoroughly with hot water
and steam for about four hours to remove diesel fuel
(2) Fill tank completely full of water with
puncture uppermost and all outlets closed or plugged.
Warning: The preceding procedure is
important because it eliminates air space where
diesel fuel vapors might linger to cause an explosion
(3) Repair puncture by welding and test for
Figure 3-102. Fuel tank repair.
(4) Drain water thoroughly and allow tank to
stand upside down with cover removed until thoroughly
d. Installation. Refer to TM 5-3810-289-12.
3-17. Primer Unit; Lines; Fittings
a. Removal. Refer to TM 5-3810-289-12.
cable (29), and remove coupler.
(2) Remove the valve and bracket assembly
from the cylinder (3).
(3) Remove the clamp and cylinder.
c. Cleaning and Repair.
(1) Clean all parts in an approved cleaning
(2) Inspect all lines and fittings for breaks
(3) Inspect valve for damage or wear;
2 Cylinder clamp
replace defective valve.
(4) Replace any lines or fittings found
21 VaIve and cap
reassemble in reverse order of disassembly.
a. General The radiator is located at the front of
the engine and provides the reservoir and cooling core
for the cooling system. Refer to TM 53810-289-12 for
removal and installation of the radiator.
b. Cleaning and Inspection.
30 Instruction label
(1) Drain radiator and remove deposits and
Figure 3-103. Primer unit: lines, fittings, exploded view.
(2) Flush radiator and check for leaks.