damage or missing parts.
(2) Replace damaged or missing hardware.
3-19. Wiring Harness
a. General Refer to TM 53810-289-12 for wiring
diagram and repair of wiring harness.
(1) After determining that a wire is open or
shorted, through the use of test equipment, disconnect
faulty wire at both ends. This is accomplished by pulling
(2) Attach a wire of approximately the same
diameter and several feet longer to one end of the faulty
wire. Tape the splice so that no sharp protrusions exist.
(3) Pull the faulty wire through the conduit
until the opposite end is seen.
(4) Attach a new wire to "leader strip" and
pull back through conduit.
(5) If damaged wire is severed, cutting half,
pick out a neighboring complete wire, tape both wires to
"leader, strip" and repeat above process.
(6) After installation of new wire(s) be sure
that wire numbers match.
Figure 3-104. Radiator repair.
Inspect all mounting hardware for
Section II. ENGINE COMPONENTS
The engine is a six cylinder, four cycle naturally aspired
diesel. The power is transmitted from the engine,
through the power takeoff unit, and the chain drive
transmission, to the main machinery controlling the
crane-shovel operations. The engine components are
fully described in applicable paragraphs throughout this
3-21. Water Pump
The water pump assembly is
mounted on the right front of the engine. It is belt driven
and circulates the coolant through the engine block,
cylinder head and radiator.
(1) Disconnect the water inlet and outlet
Remove mounting capscrews and
Figure 3-105. Water pump removal.