adjust belt tension by turning adjusting screw tighten
drive pulley to fuel pump drive.
shaft nut (behind bracket) to 400/450 ft.-lbs.
(2) Install Standard Puller ST-647 onto the
(3) Turn center screw clockwise until pulley
(4) Remove pulley.
b. Cleaning and Inspection.
(1) Check for cracks and chips in hub, web
and groove areas of pulley.
(2) Check for wear in grooves and oil seal
sleeve. If wear on sleeve is visible, replace as outlined
(3) Check mounting hardware; discard if
(1) Remove worn oil sleeve by splitting with
chisel. Do not damage pulley hub.
pulley hub with mandrel.
Figure 3-110. Fan hub assembly removal and
Caution: Oil seal sleeve is special material and
is closely machined to insure proper sealing.
3-23. Fuel Pump and Accessory Drive
Resurfacing of this part is not practical.
(1) Remove locknut and flatwasher securing