2. Lubricate the actuator cable.
3. Actuate the valve with the cable to distribute the oil
on the cable and allow the oil to run down through the
4. Remove any dirt from the orifice by removing the air
inlet housing fitting, the orifice block and the screen.
Then blow air through the orifice end only.
5. Assemble and tighten the air inlet housing fitting to
the actuator valve and tube.
6. Check for leakage of fluid (fogging) on the outside of
the engine air inlet housing by actuating the starting aid
while the engine is stopped.
If fogging occurs,
disassemble and retighten the air inlet housing fitting to
CAUTION: Do not actuate the starting aid
more than once with the engine stopped.
Over-loading the engine air box with this
high volatile fluid could result in a minor
7. Check the fluid cylinder for hand tightness.
Fig. 9. Quick-Start Assembly