DETROIT DIESEL 53
13. Remove the six bolts and lock washers which attach
the spring housing to the governor housing. Remove
the governor housing to the blower rear end plate.
the spring housing and gasket.
Remove the governor and gasket.
4. Remove the spring assembly from the governor.
6V-53 ENGINE BLOWERS
5. Loosen the hose clamps and slide the hoses back on
1. Remove the six bolts, special washers and
the fuel rod covers.
reinforcement plates which secure .he front end plate
cover and the front end plate to :he blower housing.
6. Clean and remove the valve rocker cover from each
Then remove the end plate cover and gasket from the
7. Disconnect the lower fuel rod from each injector
control tube lever and also from each upper fuel rod.
8. Remove the threaded pins connecting the fuel rods
to the control link lever. Remove the upper fuel rods.
9. Remove the blower drive cover plate. Remove the
snap ring and withdraw the blower drive shaft from the
10. Remove the two bolts and copper washers securing
the blower drive support assembly. Then withdraw the
drive assembly until the splined end of the drive shaft is
free from the drive plate (Fig. 3). Turn the drive
assembly slightly so the serrated end of the governor
weight shaft will pass around the governor operating
fork. Remove the drive support from the engine.
11. The governor is doweled to the cylinder block rear
end plate. Use a suitable tool to press or drive the
dowel pin from the end plate.
12. Remove the four bolts and flat washers which
attach the blower to the top face of the cylinder block.
Lift the blower and governor assembly from the engine
1970 General Motors Corp.
SEC. 3.4 Page 3