CONTROLS AND OPERATION
dash panel' lights. Pull this switch out fully to use the
headlights in addition to the other lights. Push this switch
in completely to turn off all the lights.
The outrigger/steering selector valve
36. CLUTCH PEDAL. Depress this pedal to disengage
is not furnished when the machine is
the engine from the transmission when shifting gears.
equipped with the optional carrier
Do not use this pedal for a foot rest, as this will lead to
remote control system. The transfer
rapid clutch wear.
from outrigger to steering is done
37. HEADLIGHT DIMMER SWITCH. The headlight
automatically when the outrigger
dimmer switch allows the driver to raise or lower the
master switch is in the OFF position.
headlight beams. The highbeam indicator (item 2) will
be lit when the high beams are on.
26. PUMP DISCONNECT LEVER. Pull this lever toward
38. BRAKE PEDAL. Depress this pedal to apply the
rear of cab, to engage the pump drive. Push this lever
carrier service brakes.
forward toward dash panel, to disengage the pump drive.
39. ACCELERATOR PEDAL. Depress this pedal to
The engine must be stopped before engaging or
feed more fuel to the engine, thereby increasing carrier
disengaging the pumps.
27. SHIFT CHART. This chart shows the shifting
40. SEAT CONTROL (NOT SHOWN). A lever on the
pattern of the main and auxiliary transmissions.
left side of the seat locks the seat in position. To adjust
28. IGNITION SWITCH. Turn this key switch clockwise
the seat, push the lever back toward the rear of the cab
to the START position to start the engine. Allow the key
and then slide the seat forward or back as desired. Be
to return to the ON position as soon as the engine has
sure the seat is locked in position before driving the
41. REMOTE CONTROL AIR VALVE. This valve is only
furnished when the machine is equipped with the
optional carrier remote controls. Place this lever in the
If the engine does not start within 30
ON position to supply air to the carrier remote controls.
seconds, release the key and allow
Place the lever in the OFF position when the carrier
the starter motor to come to a stop
remote controls are not being used.
and rest for two minutes before
attempting to start the engine again.
29. ENGINE WATER TEMPERATURE GAUGE. This
GENERAL. The following paragraphs are not intended
gauge shows the temperature of the engine coolant.
to describe the method of operating the carrier, but to
The gauge should read between 160 and 1850 F.
describe the sequence for starting the engine, releasing
(7185° C.) during normal operation.
the parking brakes, running the carrier, and shutting
30. SPEEDOMETER, ODOMETER. The speedometer
down the engine.
shows carrier speed in miles per hour, while the
odometer indicates the total numbers of miles the carrier
operating the machine each day, perform the "A"
31. ENGINE OIL PRESSURE GAUGE. This gauge
should read between 40 and 60 psi (2.754.14 bars)
STARTING THE ENGINE. To start the engine, proceed
during normal operation.
32. R.H. DIRECTIONAL SIGNAL INDICATOR
33. ENGINE WARNING LIGHT. This light is furnished
1. Place the main transmission shift lever in the neutral
when the machine is equipped with the optional engine
warning system. This light, when illuminated, indicates
that the engine is overheated or the engine oil pressure
2. Depress the accelerator pedal slightly and turn the
is below normal.
ignition key to the START position. As soon as the
34. FUEL GAUGE. This gauge shows the amount of
fuel remaining in the fuel tank.
35. LIGHT SWITCH. Pull this switch out halfway, to the
detent, to use the tail lights, clearance lights, and
Change 1 1-2-5