CONTROLS AND OPERATION
2. Install the boom stop as shown in View B
MANUAL FLY SECTION
3. Remove the cylinder pin end caps.
This machine can be equipped with an optional manually
4. Center the cylinder pin in the manual fly section.
operated fly section which will increase the maximum
Extend the boom until the second hole in the manual fly
boom length to 100 feet (30.48 m).
action is aligned with the hole in boom section 2.
The manual fly section is stored within the telescoping
5. Remove the cylinder pin. Retract the telescope
boom, and is extended by means of boom section 2
cylinder until the cylinder rod eye is aligned with the hole
telescoping cylinder, as described below. To extend the
in boom section 2.
6. Install the cylinder pin so that it passes through boom
section 2. the second hole in the manual fly section, and
cylinder rod eye. Install the cylinder pin end caps.
The crane boom must be in a
horizontal position while the manual
7. Remove the boom stop. The boom can now be
fly section is being extended or
operated as it would normally be operated.
retracted. If this is not observed, it is
possible that the fly section could
The machine must not be operated
move when the cylinder pin is
with the telescope cylinder pinned
removed, and cause damage to other
only to the manual fly section. The
parts of the boom.
telescope cylinder must be retracted
and pinned to boom section 2 as
1. Extend the boom sections until boom section 2 is out
shown in Section A-A.
approximately 48 inches (1219 mm) and the cylinder pin
is visible, as shown in View A.
Figure 2-18. Manual Fly Section (105JB81)