1. Copy #1. Destroy.
2. Copies #2 and #5. Forward to appropriate NMP for disposition instructions.
3. Copy #3. Retain at support maintenance level for a period of 180 days (including exhibit, and DA Form 2402)
unless disposition instructions are not received, follow-up will be made with the responsible NMP.
4. Copy #4. Receipted copy #4 is authorization for immediate replacement action by the claim originator through
supply channels. The copy #4 will be retained for a period not to exceed 180 days, or until notice has been received that
the claim has been honored.
(b) Direct Exchange (DX) claim items. When the defective component, part or assembly is a DX item, the
organization initiating the claim action will follow the procedures prescribed for non-DX items, except as follows:
1. The activity operating the DX facility will initiate replacement action for supported organizations using copy #4, as
described above, to obtain replacement action.
2. Normal DX replacement actions will be made by the DX facility for like serviceable items in stock, pending
completion of claim action.
(c) Final processing of approved claims. Support or depot maintenance activities are responsible to assure
expeditious handling of all warranty claim actions. This includes processing of approved claims back to the originator
whose supplementary address and MILSTRIP document number appear in block 35, DA Form 2407; and the processing
of funds reimbursed for costs of labor required to replace defective components, parts or assemblies.
3-2-9 / (3-2-10 blank).