CONTROLS AND OPERATION
37. HEADLIGHT DIMMER SWITCH The headlight dim-
26. PUMP DISCONNECT LEVER. Push this lever forward,
mer switch allows the driver to raise or lower the headlight
toward the dash panel, to engage the pump drive. Pull this
beams. The highbeam indicator (item 2) will be lit when the
lever back, toward the rear of the cab, to disengage the
high kerns are on.
pump drive. The engine must be stopped before engaging or
disengaging the pumps.
38. BRAKE PEDAL. Depress this pedal to apply the carrier
27. SHIFT CHART. This chart shows the shifting pattern
of the main and auxiliary transmissions.
39. ACCELERATOR PEDAL. Depress this pedal to feed
more fuel to the engine, thereby increasing carrier speed.
28. IGNITION SWITCH. Turn this key switch clockwise to
the START position to start the engine. Allow the key to
40. SEAT CONTROL (NOT SHOWN). A lever on the left
return to the ON position as soon as the engine has started.
side of the seat locks the seat in position. To adjust the
seat, push the lever back toward the rear of the cab and
then slide the seat forward or bock as desired. Be sure the
seat is locked in position before driving the carrier.
If the engine does not start within 30 seconds, release
the key and allow the starter motor to corm to a stop
41. REMOTE CONTROL AlR VALVE. This valve is only
and rest for two minutes before attempting to start
furnished when the machine is equipped with the optional
the engine again.
carrier remote controls. Place this lever in the ON position
to apply air to the carrier remote control. Place the lever
29. ENGINE WATER TEMPERATURE GAUGE. This
in the OFF position when the carrier remote controls are
gauge shows the temperature of the engine coolant. The
not king used.
gauge should read between 160 and 185° F. (71-85° C)
during normal operation.
30. SPEEDOMETER-ODOMETER. The speedometer
GENERAL. The following paragraphs are not intended to
shows carrier speed in miles per hour, while the odometer
describe the method of operating the carrier, but to de-
indicates the total numbers of miles the carrier ha traveled.
scribe the sequence for starting the engine, releasing the
parking brakes, running the carrier, and shutting down the
31. ENGINE OIL PRESSURE GAUGE. This gauge should
read between 40 end 60 psi (2.75 - 4.14 BARS) during
STARTING THE ENGINE. To start the engine, proceed as
32. R.H. DIRECTIONAL SIGNAL INDICATOR
1. Place the main transmission shift lever in the neutral
33. ENGINE WARNING LIGHT. This light is furnished
when the machine is equipped with the optional engine
warning system. This light, when illuminated, indicates that
2. Depress the accelerator pedal slightly end turn the igni-
the engine is overhearted or the engine oil pressure is below
tion key to the START position. As soon as the engine
starts, release the key. Do not hold the starting motor on
for more than 30 seconds at one time. If the engine does
34. FUEL GAUGE. This gauge shows the amount of fuel
not start in this period of time, release the ignition key and
remaining in the fuel tank.
wait for two minutes before trying to start the engine again.
36. LIGHT SWITCH. Pull this switch out halfway, to the
detent, to use the tail lights, clearance lights, and dash panel
lights. Pull this switch out fully to use the headlights in
The use of a cold weather starting rid, furnished as an
addition to the other lights. Push this switch in completely
option, may be required in extremely cold weather.
to turn off all the lights.
3. Check all gauges, immediately after the engine starts, to
be sure the are reading properly. If the readings are im-
36. CLUTCH PEDAL. Depress this pedal to disengage the
proper, stop the engine immediately end determine the
engine from the transmission when shifting gears. Do not
cause of the improper gauge reading before continuing
use this pedal for a foot rest as this will lead to rapid