CONTROLS AND OPERATION
Figure 2-17. Jib Suspension (911591)
Figure 2-16. Elevate the boom to an angle of approximately
45 degrees, and pay out line from the winch slowly, until
trates the positions at which the jib can operate, and the
the jib is suspended vertically from the boom point.
number of cable links required to obtain the operating
4. Telescope the boom back, leaving, approximately one
8. Remove the winch line from becket (11) and attach the
foot of boom extended.
hook block to the line.
5. Remove the winch line from backet (11) and attach it to
To place the jib into the storage position from the oper-
backet (4). Slowly lower the boom and take up slack in the
line with the winch to fold the jib under the boom.
1. Rotate the upper so that the boom is over either side or
the rear of the carrier, Do not attempt to fold the jib with
6. Telescope the boom back fully, and take up slack with
the boom over the front of the carrier.
the winch until the jib mount bracket is aligned with the jib
mounts. Install spacers (8), retainers (7), lockwashers (6),
2. Remove the hook block from the main or auxiliary
and capcrews (6,.
winch line, and attach the line to backet (11). Take up on
the winch line to relieve the tension on the jib suspension
7. Install pin (10) and lock it in place with cotter pin (9).
3. Remove the suspension cable from the boom point and
8. Unhook the winch line from becket (4) and attach the
attach it to the bracket at the base of the jib n shown in
line to the hook block.