CONTROL AND OPERATION
3. Remove cylinder pin end caps.
MANUAL FLY SECTION
This machine can be equipped with an optional manually
4. Center the cylinder pin in the manual fly section. Ex-
opened fly section which will increase the maximum
tend the boom until the second hole the manual fly
boom length to 100 feet (30.48 m).
section is aligned with the hole in boom section 2.
5. Remove the cylinder pin. Retract the telescope cylinder
The manual fly section is stored within the telescoping
until the cylinder rod eye is aligned with the hole in boom
booms, and is extended by means of boom section 2 tele-
scoping cylinder, as described below. To extend the manual
6. lnstall the cylinder pin so that it press through boom
section 2, the second hole in the manual fly section, and
cylinder rod eye. Install the cylinder pin l no caps.
The crane boom must be in a horizontal position
7. Remove the boom stop. The boom can now be operated
while the manual fly section is being extended or
as it would normally he operated.
retracted. If this is not observad, it is possible that the
fly section could move when the cylinder pin is re-
moved, and cause damage to other puts of the boom.
1. Extend the boom sections until boom section 2 is out
The machine must not he operated with the telescope
approximately 48 inches (121.9 cm) and the cylinder pin is
cylinder pinned only to the manual fly section. The
visible, as shown in View A.
telescope cylinder must he retracted end pinned to
2. Install the boom stop as show in View B.
boom section 2 es shown in Section A-A.
Figure 2-18. Manual Fly Section (105J681)