CONTROLS AND OPERATION
To retract the manual fly section back to the storage posi-
tion, proceed as follows:
1. lnstall the boom stop as shown in View B.
2. Remove the cylinder pin end caps and cylinder pin. Ex-
tend the telescope cylinder until the cylinder rod eye is
aligned with the hole nearest the tip of the manual fly
3. Install the cylinder pin in the cylinder rod eye u shown
in Section B-B. Retract the telescope cylinder until the cyl-
inder pin is aligned with the hole in boom section 2.
4. Rush the cylinder pin toward the left side of the machine
so that it engages boom section 2. Then install the cylinder
pin end caps (see Section A-A).
5. Remove the boom stop.
Figure 2-19. Counterweight Removal (1002382)
6. The counterweight can now be Iifted onto a truck using
The counterweight on this machine is attached to the rear
the main winch line.
of the revolving frame, and can be removed, when neces-
sary, as described below:
1. Rotate the upper so that the boom is over either side of
Be sure that the boom sections are retracted fully
before lifting the counterweight.
2. Reeve the auxiliary winch line as shown in Figure 2-19
and dead end the cable by means of the cable socket to the
bottom of the winch platform.
Should it become necessary to tow this machine to a repair
3. Loosen the counterweight hold down screws.
facility, the propeller shaft between the auxiliary trans-
mission and the front rear axle must be disconnected. If the
4. Take up on the auxiliary winch line slightly to relieve
propeller shaft is not removed, the transmission could be
the weight on the counterweight pins. Remove the cotter
damaged due to inadequate lubrication of the internal gear
pins in the counterweight pins, and remove the counter-
train while the machine is being towed.
Towing cables or chains, of adequate length, should be at-
5. Pay out the auxiliary winch line to lower the counter-
tached to the two towing eyes located behind the front
weight to the ground.