2. Apply a light coating of grease to the pilot diameter end
7. Place the inlet housing over the cartridge so the locating
driveshaft splines. Position the gasket on the pump.
pins are properly engaged, and the inlet housing is in the
correct position with respect to the body outlet. Install the
four screws end torque them to the values shown in Figure
3. Carefully install the pump on the pump drive, and install
the mounting screws. Care should be exercised in tightening
the mounting screws to prevent misalignment.
8. Install the cover end cartridge, being certain the pins
4. Reconnect the suction and outlet lines. Then turn the
engage the housing and that cartridge rotation is correct.
suction line valve to the open position.
Place the large back-up ring and O-ring on the pressure
5. Engage the pump drive and start the engine. Allow the
engine to run at idle speed, with no load applied to the
9. Install the small O-ring and back-up ring on the pressure
hydraulic system to prime the pump. Then run the engine
plate hub. Install the cover O-ring in its groove. Install the
at moderate speed and load for a short period of time.
cover and screws, and tighten the screws to the torque
Check the reservoir oil level and add oil if required.
values shown in Figure 4B-5.
SINGLE PUMP (41Z57)
Single hydraulic pump 41Z57 is used to develop fluid flow
Care must be exercised when installing a new or overhauled
for the operation of the auxiliary winch.
pump on the pump drive to prevent misaligment, which
can lead to premature pump failure. lnstall a new or over-
The pump illustrated in Figure 4B-14 is representative of the
hauled pump on the pump drive as follows:
single pump. The pump consists principally of an inlet
cover, outlet body, driveshaft and pumping cartridge. The
1. Check the mounting flange on the pump drive, the pilot
principal components of the cartridge are an elliptical cam
diameter on the pump, the splined coupling, and the
ring, a slotted rotor splined to the driveshaft, a pressure
splined driveshaft for burrs or imperfections that would
plate, wear plate, and ten vanes and inserts fitted to the
prevent the pump from seating properly on the pump drive.
Carefully remove any imperfections by lapping.
Figure 4B-14. Single Pump (41Z57)