BOOM TELESCOPE CYLINDERS
2. The sirvon piston ring seal should not be removed from
REASSEMBLY. To reassemble the boom telescope cylin-
the piston unless a new ring must he installed, since re-
moving the seal will permanently damage it. To replace the
1. lnstall all the seals, Furnished in the the repair kit, as shown
sirvon piston reel, proceed as follows:
2. Slide head gland (10), spacer (7), and piston (3) onto
A. Remove the grey iron piston ring closest to the sirvon
rod assembly (15).
piston seal groove.
3. Install ring nut (19) and tighten setscrew (2).
B. Warm the new sirvon piston seal in either hot water
or oil. Install one side of the seal in its groove and
4. Slide the rod assembly into the cylinder case and tighten
carefully walk the other side into the groove.
head cland (10).
5. Attach the cable to the cable anchor bracket, and secure
it with two cable clamps. This step is not necessary when
reassembling the upper telescope cylinder. Check all the
When installing the sirvon piston seal, do not allow it
to become twisted in the piston groove.
cylinder in the boom.