12. Straighten the tabs on lockwashers (44), and unscrew
8. Mark end cover (40) with respect to housing (72) so that
locknut (45). It may be necessary to install capscrew (46)
it can be installed in the same location when reassembling
in the output shaft so that the shaft can be held in a sta-
the unit. Remove capscrews (56) and Iockwashers (57).
tionary position while the locknut is being removed. Re-
move lockwasher (44) and snap ring (43).
9. Install two capscrews (56) in the tapped holes provided
in end cover (40), and jack the end cover from housing
13. Support the underside of end cover (40) with a sleeve.
(72). Remove and discard a second O-ring (58).
and press output shaft (50) out of the end cover by bearing
against the splined end of the output shaft.
10. Sun gear (39) may have been removed with the final
planet assembly and end cover in Step 9. If not, remove it
14. Remove seal ring (48), O-ring (42), and one bearing
from the bore of the primary planet hub.
(41) from end cover (40). Press the second bearing (41) off
the output shaft. Remove and discard oil seal (49).
11. Place two pinch bars under the rim of the final planet
assembly and against the end cover, and pry the final planet
15. Remove snap ring (59), and slide the primary planet
assembly from output shaft (50). If it is necessary to dis-
assembly out of housing (72) from the motor end of the
assemble the final planet assembly, proceed as follows (see
unit. If it is necessary to disassemble the primary planet
A. Drive pin (52) into final planet pin (51) with a 1/4
A. Remove bushing (67). Drive pin (66) into planet pin
inch (6.35 mm) pin punch.
(62) using a 3/16 inch (4.76 mm) diameter pin
B. Remove the final planet pin from the splined bore
side of the planet hub. Remove pin (52) from the
B. Remove the planet pin from planet hub (63) by
tapping on the end of the pin opposite pin (66).
C. After the planet gears have been removed, thrust pad
using a sleeve that is 1-23/32 inches (43.6 mm) in
(61) can be removed from the planet hub. Remove
diameter to bear against the outer race of the bearing.
and discard O-ring (60).
16. Remove snap rings (36) and bearing (37).
INSPECTION AND REPAIR. After the swing reducer or
any subassembly of the swing reducer has been disassem-
bled, inspect and repair the components as described be-
1. Wash all parts in a suitable cleaning solvent, and dry
thoroughly with compressed air or clean cloths.
Do not dry any complete subassemblies with com-
pressed air, as this may drive particles of dirt into the
2. Discard all O-rings and oil seals that were removed
3. Check that all snap rings form a true circle, and check all
lockwashers for flatness. If these items are bent or dam-
aged, or if the tabs on lockwasher (44) are broken off,
replace the damaged items.
Figure 6B-4. Removing Planet Pins