3. Tighten each capscrew to 400 foot-pounds (55.32 m-kg)
the pinion in place with washer (37), lockwashers (38) and
(dry), using a cross bolt tightening sequence.
9. Replace drain plug (27) and remove filler plug (1). Add
4. Install the swing motor on the transmission. Be sure the
motor is properly positioned.
oil level is just below the filler plug opening.
5. Install the tubes that were removed to allow removal of
the swing transmission. Connect the hoses to the motor
To install a new or overhauled swing transmission, proceed
6. Remove all the materials used to prevent the upper from
1. Place the swing transmission on the revolving frame.
swinging while the swing transmission was removed from
Rotate the transmission, as required, to position the brake
port properly and to align the mounting holes.
7. Swing the upper slowly in both directions and apply the
2. Install the capscrews and washers that were originally
swing brake several times to purge any air from the swing
used to secure the transmission to the revolving frame. Do
and swing brake circuits. Also, check the operation of the
not use substitutes, as these are high strength capscrews and
swing transmission while the upper is being swung.