2. Install back-up ring (13) and O-ring (12) in the groove
8. Remove wiper ring (8) from the stuffing box.
on the outside diameter of the stuffing box. Place the
9. Remove O-ring (12) and back-up ring (13) from the
back-up ring on the side away from the pressure.
3. Lubricate inside diameter of pecking end wiper ring (8)
with clean hydraulic oil.
INSPECTION. Inspect rod and cylinder bore for excessive
wear, nicks or scratches. If either of these pans are
4. Slide cartridge nut (5) onto the rod.
demaged, the entire cylinder must be replaced.
5. Install the stuffing box on rod assembly (8). Push in
ASSEMBLY. To assemble the extension cylinder, proceed
the rod eye.
a s follows:
6. Install wiper ring (8) and seal (7) onto the rod.
1. Press wiper rings (7) and (8) on the stuffing box.
Figure 7-6. Outrigger Extension Cylinder (38489 & 38491)